Saturday 8 June 2013

new

As i'd had a pretty hectic month of finishing my second year of university, as well as working lots of hours at Selfridges... I decided once my first pay day came around i would finally treat myself to some things which is probably the first time i have ever since being a student!! I do feel a little guilty at the money i spent but i'm still consistently putting away money into a savings account so it's okay i promise!!

First things first, i needed some new GHDs. My old GHDs which i had had for around ten years (!!) finally died off about a month ago and i was so lost without them. I don't neccessarily straighten my hair much but i use them a lot to smooth over the ends and to add definition to my curls and waves.
Unfortunately, i've noticed that my new ones can't quite compare to my old ones. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but after talking to Matt at Umberto Giannini (see later in the post) he said that GHD were bought out from the original founders and are now not as well made or as value for money as the original ones. He then said that if i would have spoken to him sooner he would have recommended cloud nine straighteners, who are owned by the original founders of GHD. The new GHDs, although fine, feel a bit cheap and my hair slips through the irons when trying to curl and wave. Cloud Nine straighteners are only £10 more and are much better made and great value for money and even feature different heat settings!! Slightly annoyed that i've bought the GHDs now, i might see if my mum will buy them off me so i can get some Cloud Nine's!!! I also bought the new Dior eyebrow pencil, it is a universal colour for everyone but you can apply as much or as little as you want to create the desired colour needed, it also features a brush on the end to brush out your eyebrows and smooth over the pencil. I religiously used to use the MAC eyebrow pencils but i much prefer the Dior one, you can create a more natural look.




I also needed some clothes i could wear for work... we kinda have to wear black smart wear, but you can get away with a bit of colour. I found this jersey top with sheer panel and sleeves in Topshop and bought the gold chain necklace to team with it! The socks and DVDs go without saying really... everyone needs socks and DVDs.



Lastly, I finally had my hair cut and coloured at the Umberto Giannini salon in Selfridges, Birmingham. I wanted to go a bit lighter for the summer but not an all over colour that was difficult to maintain so decided upon adding some lighter tones to the ombre i had originally to add a soft, lighter colour. I hadn't had a hair cut for about six months so i had a little trim too!
I was so happy with the results and my stylist Matt. Although he is only classed as a 'graduate' stylist at the salon, he did everything perfectly, as well as teaching me some great techniques to try on my hair and he was great value for money... i will definitely be returning.



Links: 


No comments:

Post a Comment