Friday 23 August 2013

holiday musings

My holiday to Mykonos is around about exactly 29 days away. I absolutely love Greece, the food, the people, the beaches... it's like heaven on earth and is so relaxing. I've always wanted to go to Mykonos so i'm more than excited to be going.
I find the best bit about the build up to a holiday is buying and planning outfits. Being able to trawl the shops and internet with purpose looking for exactly what you want and need.



Now, whenever i go away i always end up taking and buying way too many clothes that i never end up wearing because they were just impulse buys that i don't feel comfortable in and do not suit me. So, this time,  i'm only going to take things that i know i will definitely wear, which means i can buy less and i won't have the constant struggle in the morning to find an outfit.

I've already purchased some things from the new Zara collection but i've had to send a couple things back (boohoo) that didn't fit quite right. So now i'm left with two new tops and some "Celine-look-a-likey sunglasses which i absolutely ADORE. 




I'm planning on adding a Zara white skort to my items but i'm patiently hoping they will come back in stock, as well as another pair of shorts (both seen below) that i'm pining over. 



To be honest, I've never really gelled well with summer clothes, i think because i'm nowhere near a girly girl and the summer is always about dresses and florals and colours and i've always tried to force myself to wear them but i've just hated it. So this summer holiday i've tried to compromise, buying things that can be worn to the beach and in warmer weather but that can also add to my autumn winter wardrobe for the months to come. I've also bought some Jack Wills bikini bottoms in the sale for a bargain £4 and an Urban Outfitters bikini top which was around £10.

As it's my 21st birthday whilst we are in Mykonos, i'm after a nice dress to wear on the evening. I don't want to spend too much money and i don't want it to be too crazy either. I'll probably just pick one up from American Apparel and use Tom's discount for the millionth time. I think i want it to be white, basic and quite form fitting which can be paired with some nice gold jewellery. I'm even thinking of going all out and getting some gold hoops. 

Shoes are always an issue when on holiday, I'm definitely going to add some Havianas to my collection to wear everyday, and i already have some Juju Jelly shoes from a couple of years ago which are amazing to wear on holiday, especially on the beach and can be worn with smart wear on the night. I'll probably get another pair in a different colour and take some of my sandals i already have too. 

Since moving into the apartment i don't even think i have a beach towel here, but i will just pick up one of those from Primark, cheap as chips!! Saying that, i don't even have a suitcase... (i'll borrow my dads)

All in all, not too much money spent... i normally go crazy and buy a lot more unnecessary clothing (currently trying to eBay all the crap i bought last year, i mean, who even buys Topshop shorts with an american flag on them COME ON) but, alas, i shall be older and wiser (and hopefully better dressed).

I shall do a post on beauty products i will be taking whilst on holiday later when i can be bothered.

Toodles!




No comments:

Post a Comment