Saturday 28 June 2014

Charlotte Tilbury

I always end up trying a foundation and then if i like it, use it religiously for a few months until i decide to move onto the next one in the hope of finding something amazing. My skin fluctuates between clear, not clear, dry, oily - you name it - my skin has it at some point here and there.

Illamasqua Skin Base (£32) is my ultimate favourite, it has the perfect colouring for my skin tone and has probably the best coverage i have come across. But due to it's heavy coverage it is quite a heavy foundation to be wearing day in and day out so i have been using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (£35.50) as an everyday foundation. It is light, feels great on the skin but has a medium coverage that is buildable on those problem areas.

Anyway, let me get onto Charlotte Tilbury my latest adventure in the world of foundation. After being a fan of Charlotte for a while, endlessly trawling her Instagram, looking at her amazing work - i was excited as everyone when she launched her makeup line.

Charlotte Tilbury launched a couple of months ago in Selfridges in Birmingham where i work. I picked up the Light Wonder Youth Boosting Foundation (£32).



"When it comes to foundation I have one simple rule", reasons makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury, "perfect coverage in a light-as-air breathable formula". Her hydrating Light Wonder fluid is just that - illuminating and blending seamlessly for a glowing, youthful appearance.


As Charlotte says the formula is incredibly light, making the skin feel amazing. It is so easily blendable and doesn't sit on top of the skin. I wasn't sure about the coverage at first but i think that is just because i've had a skin breakout recently but that is easily resolved with my Nars concealer

I really like this foundation, easy to apply and it gives your skin a really youthful luminous glow.

I also picked up the 'Full Fat Lashes' mascara (£22). It gives you everything it says - curls, separation, volume, length and drama. Although, you do have to add a couple of coats to achieve this whereas with my beloved YSL Babydoll Mascara (£24.50) it is more instantaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment