Thursday 11 April 2013

2013 // so far

I think sometimes you have to take a step back and take a look at things to really appreciate what you've got and what you've done and what you're going to do. Last year was a bit of a rubbish year for me, i was doing a course i didn't want to do; in a place i didn't want to be in; about 100 miles away from the person i wanted to be closest to.

Now, a year on, i've really landed on my feet and i couldn't be happier. So i guess it just goes to show that life really is what you make it, and you can do anything you want... nothing's impossible. I know it's a bit of a cheesy post but i think it's important to remember that when things get a bit overwhelming.

Although i said 2012 was a rubbish year, I did have some great moments:

Tom and I went on our first holiday - a few days in Barcelona to see the Arctic Monkeys and Miles Kane.


i met Miles Kane at the airport


I managed to get tickets to the Burberry AW13 show, was an amazing show and such a great experience. The front row consisted of Will.i.am, Amir Khan, Alexa Chung, Clemence Posey, Sir Philip Green and many others including Eddie Redmayne who i met after the show.


I successfully gained a work placement at Miss Selfridge, at the Arcadia HQ in London for two weeks with the design team!













Tom and I went to see Jay Z & Kanye West on their watch the throne world tour in Birmingham, probably one of the best gigs i've ever been to. Beyonce and Kim Kardashian were there too!

watch the throne
kim kardash & beyonce in the crowd behind us


jay z
Tom and I went to Crete for a week, such a lovely place but the 50 degree heatwave killed me a little. I'm dying to go back!


After having a break in Greece, i had a bit of a life ephiphany and decided i wasn't going to return back to sheffield for my degree in september but try and gain a place at Birmingham City instead. Where i'd be a lot happier and luckily i got the place!!

In December last year, Tom and I moved into our apartment in the Jewellery Quarter and since then things have only got better...





















2013 so far: started my new course at BCU
                    did my placement at JW Anderson for london fashion week
                    went to Harry Potter at Universal Studios
                    did my placement at Harvey Nichols
                    did my first shoot as a stylist
                    got a job on the contemporary and casual designer wear at selfridges (!!)
                    booked to go to Barcelona again with my bestest friend in May
                     got tickets for the Rolling Stones in Hyde Park that sold out in 3 minutes!
                     going to London next weekend with my boy

and so much more to come!!
                 


2 comments:

  1. So pleased for you that things are going better than they were last year. Sounds like your year so far has been amazing- fingers crossed the rest of it is just as good! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those do look like some amazing moments! I'm glad this year is on a better track for you :)

    ReplyDelete